. . . Come, explore MY LABYRINTH or have a sit by MY WINDOW SEAT . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ((( turn right , straight down ))) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Friday, October 06, 2006

Will The Real Pop-litician Please Stand Up ?

I remember watching the local news 3 days ago.

One such news made an impression on me. It was about a group of young Ministers giving a sneak preview of their newly learnt Hip-Hop dance moves, which they would perform in the coming parade. Their objective : if the youth can do the thang, we can too. (OK.....)

Politicians do the Hip Hop, the big top, the baggy pants, the bling, bit of rap, an arm in the air & possibly another hand down cupping the ... uh-hmm ... crotch ? (Gulp!)

This ain't the first time I saw, read, heard about policitians making various attempts to appear like One of Us, but it has come to the point that it's getting too much, too ridiculous. Worldwide, most behave the same - guilty of trying too hard. Who came up with some of these ideas?!! These made for TV ideas should only be seen in TV charity shows.

I don't know about you but I say drop the drama. Give me the firm hand shake, genuine smile & the firm 'hello' nod anytime. Go for a walk round the block often, talk to the people while there. Go with your entourage if you want, but drop the journalists and reporters please. They have much more important news to cover. Oh yes, don't carry any baby or kid, it's so cliche.

Am I too critical?

As I read a report by a local papers' journalist sharing similar views on the hip hop policitians thang, I guessed not.

No comments: