. . . Come, explore MY LABYRINTH or have a sit by MY WINDOW SEAT . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ((( turn right , straight down ))) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bruise Me Bruce, The Rock N Roll Way

Picture from Amazon

Over the weekend, went to do a little music shopping.
Bought BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN’s
“Born To Run” 30th Anniversary Edition.
A 3-Disc Set -
- One Audio CD (a remaster of “Born To Run”)
- One 90 mins Documentary DVD (on the album “Born To Run”,
plus rare clips)

- One 2 hours Concert DVD (‘live’ London 1975)

Picture from Amazon

Seeing it displayed prominently on the rack,
(OK, the ‘summer sale’ rack),
I assumed this year is its 30th year.
(I was wrong)
Did a quick check on google, and I realised
it would be the 32nd year this Saturday, August 25!

Woah!

So I spent Sunday listening the CD & watching the documentary
(& the rare concert clips).

Man, eye opener, ear opener, brain opener, heart opener,
& yes, had my mouth opened too.

You see, I called myself a product from Generation Lost,
I love Rock N Roll but only learn the true spirit in recent years…
and so, having spent Sunday with The Boss,
hearing, watching, feeling his passion (& intensity),
his energy, his talent, his soul, his honesty,
and more passion, help found me missings !

Now, I am still left with the Concert DVD to watch,
but it would be so timely for me to do it this Saturday,
32 years on rocking to 32 years back, an experience I can’t wait!
So go listen some BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN on this special day.

Let’s all hail to Rock N Roll !

Here’s a youtube video featuring the London performance of
the song “BORN TO RUN” at the 1975 “BORN TO RUN Tour”



Also check out this rare & raw video featuring
a 1978 ‘live’ performance of the song.




“BORN TO RUN” (also title of) Bruce Springsteen's third album,
was a breakthrough hit and launched his career in the
U.S. & around the World.

The album's reputation has not suffered over time.
Rolling Stone’s 2003 list (most current list)
ranked “BORN TO RUN” at number 18 of
the greatest 500 albums of all time.


*Information from - wikipedia

No comments: